Delray Beach Divorce Lawyer
If your marital relationship has come to a close and you are considering divorce, there are numerous laws and legal concepts you need to know under Florida law. You and your spouse were individuals before the wedding date, and some of these interests remain after getting married. During your marriage, your legal status means there are numerous legal and financial issues that affect you as a couple. Spouses with children must also address their care, comfort, and support.
Because divorce is both complex and emotional, you should make it a priority to retain experienced legal counsel to protect your interests. The Law Office of Taryn G. Sinatra, Esq. is prepared to assist with all aspects of a divorce case, whether in court or behind the scenes working to resolve disputes. You can count on our team to prioritize your needs, so please contact us to schedule a consultation with a Delray Beach divorce lawyer. You can also read on for a legal summary.
Overview of Florida Divorce Laws
After initial filings in court, the parties will move on to the key issues in divorce. Not all couples will have to address these three topics, but you should be aware of the following:
- Florida follows equitable distribution for property division. The process first involves classifying items as marital or separate. All assets and debts are then divided according to the interests of equity.
- Either party can request alimony. Spousal support may be suitable when there is a significant financial disparity between the parties. A judge then decides type, amount, and duration.
- Parents of minor children will face issues with custody and visitation, which involves how parents make important decisions and spend parenting time. The child’s best interests are the controlling factor. Child support works according to statutory guidelines.
Legal Help with Divorce Options
Parties may agree on the three topics described above, which offers the benefits of certainty and quicker time to resolution. Mediation is also a structured way of discussing settlement. However, any remaining disputes must go to a divorce contested hearing.
Representation from a South Florida divorce lawyer is crucial, and The Law Office of Taryn G. Sinatra, Esq. is ready to serve your needs. We will:
- Consult with you about your goals for divorce and your future;
- Gather and review evidence that helps with settlement discussions and at trial;
- Advocate on your behalf during settlement negotiations in an attempt to reach agreement;
- Represent you at mediation;
- Attend all court hearings and appearances; and,
- Fight for you at trial, by presenting evidence, arguments, and testimony to convince the judge of your position.
A Delray Beach Divorce Lawyer Will Protect Your Rights
Though divorce can be challenging, the process is daunting when you know that you have multiple options to consider. For more information about your rights, please contact The Law Office of Taryn G. Sinatra, Esq. to set up a case evaluation with a Delray Beach divorce lawyer. After learning about your circumstances, we can explain the relevant laws.