Boynton Beach Mediation Lawyer
Many people assume that divorce and other family law cases must go to court to resolve disputes, not realizing that there are other options. Under Florida law, you are allowed to use mediation as a means of finding solutions to conflict. If you do not opt in, mediation will be ordered by the court in appropriate cases. During the process, the parties engage in discussions before a mediator instead of a judge. The process is less formal than a contested hearing, which is one of the many benefits of mediation.
However, you will need experienced legal counsel to assist as you leverage these benefits. Mediation might be less formal, but you still have important rights to protect. The Law Office of Taryn G. Sinatra, Esq. has represented many clients at mediation, guiding them through the process and helping achieve a favorable outcome. Please contact us to set up a consultation with a Boynton Beach mediation lawyer, and some background on the concept is useful.
How Mediation Works
The session is a discussion between the parties instead of an adversarial proceeding in court, and the focus is on finding solutions to the problems that are holding up a divorce or family law case. A trained mediator oversees the process, applying special skills and training that helps the parties get closer on agreement. By engaging in productive conversations, you are often able to compromise on property division, alimony, and custody of minor children.
Benefits of Resolving Disputes via Mediation
Though domestic violence matters are not appropriate for the process, it is possible to resolve almost any divorce or family law conflicts through mediation. Parties can address and agree on property division, alimony, and custody of minor children. Some additional benefits include:
- Mediation can often be completed in a day or two.
- You have certainty with mediation, since the agreement you sign is enforceable.
- You can still go to court if you do not reach an agreement in mediation.
- Parents benefit from mediation because they work together and can find arrangements for child custody and visitation that suit their unique needs.
Legal Help with Mediation
Our South Florida mediation lawyers at The Law Office of Taryn G. Sinatra, Esq. will be at your side throughout the process. We will handle all essential tasks to protect your rights, including:
- Coaching you for the mediation session;
- Preparing a mediation brief containing the relevant facts, legal principles, and proposed resolutions to outstanding disputes;
- Guiding you during mediation discussions;
- Advising you on the implications of an agreement developed during mediation; and,
- Reviewing the mediation agreement and preparing all orders to enter in your divorce or family law case.
A Boynton Beach Mediation Lawyer is Prepared to Serve Your Needs
As you can see, there are still many reasons you need legal representation even though mediation is slightly less formal than court. To learn how The Law Office of Taryn G. Sinatra, Esq. will protect your rights throughout the process, please contact our firm. We can schedule a case review with a skilled Boynton Beach mediation lawyer.